Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Lovely Love My Family

"Sometimes when I am sitting by myself
Those quiet moments when not with no one else
I'm mesmerized by all the many good things in my life
I think about the time when I was younger
And the older that I get the more that I feel wiser
With the love of friends and family
Get stronger and it carries me on through.

So I say lovely lovely lovely lovely lovely lovely lovely lovely love, love my family"
--The Roots
I love my family.
Each person adds to my life in a different way.
They're like a swarm that gathers whenever there is work to be done or food to be eaten.
Our new house is like a revolving door of visitors. My 94 year old grandfather is raking leaves and supervising. My grandmother is keeping watch over Rio. My father is head of security, hard labor, and hugs. Our siblings come and go, pitching in when necessary. And my mom...well, what can I say? She's the guiding force in my life. She's right there living this dream with me.
Thank you, Mom. I lovely love you.

2 comments: