Friday, April 30, 2010

Our House, In The Middle Of Our Street

Well, we did it.
We found our house!
It wasn't the mid-century architectural gem I was originally pursuing, but it is a mid-century treasure in its own right.
And cheap! That is the best part.
(Seriously, if you ever wanted to move to Florida...the house prices are back to where they were 8 years ago, before the boom. It's crazy.)
I had to post a picture of the house in its current state. I'll post updates as they happen.
Doesn't everyone love seeing before/after pics? Isn't that why we watch House Hunters? Maybe that's just me.
I'm always surprised that people share so much of themselves on their blogs, but for some reason they hardly ever share their homes.
If you want to know about someone, look in their window.
No wait, that's illegal.


But as for me, I'll leave the blinds open for now.

5 comments:

  1. Hi!
    Congrats on your new home! How exciting!
    I'm stopping by from SITS on blogfrog. I'm your newest follower.
    If you have a second, stop by mine. You might find a few fun things to try with your adorable daughter!
    http://activitymom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the house! We are heading down to Florida for the summer and may make that our permanent home. It's crazy house cheap housing is there! My sister lives in Ft Meyers and is buying up property!

    I watch house hunters to see what people did with the houses and to price check around the country.

    Your daughter is adorable :)

    Followed you over from Sits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the well wishes, Activity Mom and Melissa!

    I'm always looking for fun things to do with Rio!

    Melissa, I'm just north of Fort Myers. If you can get through the summer, you'll be fine. heh heh
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Stopping over from SITS blogfrog/Follow for a follow thread. I love your blog name and your photos and posts are just beautiful! Happy to be following you! Check my two blogs out if you can :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Gigi! Love your sites and sense of humor!

    ReplyDelete