Thursday, May 20, 2010

Life's Too Good - Birthday

Rio - 2 days old

Rio - 1 year old

First morning of her third year

To my baby doll:

You truly are the light of my life.
You make me laugh and smile and cry
and hug and kiss and tickle and play...
get down on the ground to see the "gugs"
or fall to the ground after ring around the rosy.
I kiss the "boo boo" on your toe (at your insistence) no matter where the actual injury occurred.
I happily help you out whenever you're stuck - "Ma! I dah ducks!"
I love how you are almost always dancing and
of course, with jazz hands!
Your favorite songs are Dinner Bell and When I Hear Music
but you'll dance to anything.
I love how you tell people to "shhhhh" whenever anyone is sleeping. You make sure they won't be disturbed.
You love fish, balloons, animals, books, the moon and stars, babies, and water most of all.
If there is a drip of water on the ground, you are trying to swim in it. You are a water baby through and through.
You currently love to say "Oooooh noooo, das a mess!," or
"Come me! Cat! Come me!"
You love to learn and know your letters, numbers, shapes,
colors, and animals.
You can read a lot of words and love to read books
to mommy or yourself.
You are super cuddly and always have to be holding my hand. We've considered trying to find a prosthetic hand to give you
when I'm driving or am unavailable.
You are the sweetest thing I've ever known and you changed my life immeasurably.
I hope you will always give group hugs, butterfly kisses,
and hearty laughs.

I love you, chickadee. Happy Birthday!

"She lives in this house over there
Has her world outside it
Grapples in the earth with her fingers and her mouth
She's {two} years old

Today is her birthday

They're smoking cigars
He's got a chain of flowers
And sews a bird in her knickers
Ohhh... "
--Sugarcubes

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! And she was such a gorgeous baby too! Happy birthday Rio!

    ReplyDelete