Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Everything's Not Lost (Life Is For Living)

Rio couldn't make to the start of the show

alternate title: Lost And Found

The best show of all time ended Sunday. {sniff, sniff}
We had our weekly Lost party and Joey went all out. He made cheeseburger pie, pigs n blankets, swedish meatballs, watermelon (well, he didn't make the watermelon), chocolate chip cookies, and malted milkshakes. It really got us through.

I applaud the writers of this show for providing us with an intelligent and yet emotional show. We cared about every one of these characters (except for Michael and Annalucia) and felt their struggles. They did a fine job of completing the character arcs and left us feeling at peace with the show's departure.

"When you thought that it was over
You could feel it all around
I'll be counting up my demons, yeah
Hoping everything's not lost."
--Coldplay

I hope everything's not Lost...I'm not sure there'll ever be a another program as captivating.

I won a Lost contest a couple of years ago. You had to sum up the first three seasons of Lost in 7 words or less. I wrote "it's a small world after all." I won a 42 inch plasma t.v., a blue ray dvd player and the 3rd season of Lost. It was incredible!

We had just gone through a failed adoption and life looked bleak. Winning that contest gave me some hope for positive things.

I think that is the most amazing thing. We're all Lost at some point. We all have demons to fight. We all feel stuck. We all try to find the answers. And we all need each other.

"I was standing in a graveyard
Under silver studded skies
In a forest burning ashes
On the bonfires of our lives
As the sky fell down
I was lost and found
Saw my world spin 'round
Round and round

All the ghosts have gathered 'round me
Come to tell me of a change
In the darkness that surrounds me
I'm falling down again
On this haunted ground
I was lost and found
Lost
Lost and found"
--Echo & The Bunnymen

Thank you, Lindelof and Cuse. I loved being Lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment