Monday, September 27, 2010

We Like To (Dinner) Party

September 27th and 28th are busy days in my family.
Five people mark their birthdays on those days.
So we like to party.
My grandmother, my uncle, and my brother shared their birthdays 
at a dinner party at our new house.
Unfortunately, because we were hosting a soiree we couldn't make it to our nephew or cousin's birthday festivities. 
Usually we're hitting several parties in one day!
My uncle and aunt made ribs (that were insanely good) and Mark made The Pioneer Woman's Brown Sugar Bourbon Pork Skewers & Dirty Rice (yum!) 
The food was finger-lickin' good!
I made chocolate chocolate chip cake with homemade whipped cream frosting - at my brother's request.
Rio was not thrilled with anything on the menu except for the whipped cream, which my brother handed her by the spoonful. Nice.
Then we played Sedarahc otherwise known as reverse charades. The whole team has to act out a difficult word while one person tries to guess. The teammates cannot communicate with one another.
I believe they were trying to act out "Diaper Change" in this picture.
It was a riot.
I think everyone worked off all the food we consumed.
It was a lot of fun and lasted until midnight.
We like to party to celebrate.
But for all these people to be born at the same time
it is apparent that a lot of people in my family like to party 
around Christmas...
if you catch my drift. {wink, wink}

2 comments:

  1. I haven't had a dinner party in forever! That looks like such a blast and I am seriously jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should have one while you're enjoying yourself! Order this game online and make a great meal - you'll have a blast! Show off your new floors!

    ReplyDelete