Friday, September 3, 2010

I Know I Know I Know

Disclaimer: Photo was taken in a parked car in a driveway

In my futile attempts to discipline this wild little child, I can't help but laugh most of the time.
Definitely not when someone is collapsing her body weight onto the floor in a public place however
But I find the responses I get are pretty funny.
I don't really know what I'm doing
and I love to read how other people have handled situations.
I'm all about learning as I go
but I do have consistency going for me.
If I'm nothing else, I'm consistent.
I always have the same instructions and tactics.
And while she doesn't always listen, at least she knows what I'm going to say.
When Rio is climbing on something, she says "be careful!" as she's climbing...
When she is standing on an object that is obviously too far off the ground, she says, "sit down!"
And when I guess I have exasperated her,
she says, "I know I know I know, Mom."
I hear that one a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment