Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Daddy's Girl

Daddy's home!
Sort of. Actually not at all.
Rio loves her daddy of course, but she is a momma's girl all the way.
I know that'll change. I know that she'll hit that Electra Complex and I'll be a distant memory.
But for now, she's all mine.

I think I would have been a little crushed if it had gone the other way. After waiting 8 years to have a baby, I would not have handled it too well if she only wanted daddy. My cousin's daughter was such a daddy's girl that she actually felt like the kid didn't even like her!

Once again, I lucked out.

But there are moments I get to sit back and watch. Moments when daddy lights her up. Moments when she hugs him and pats his back. And I know she'll get there.

There is something different about resting your head on your daddy's shoulder. Something different about being scooped up by big, strong arms.

There's nothing like the love a girl has for the first man in her life.

No comments:

Post a Comment