Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Be Young, Be Foolish, Be Happy

My brother's wedding was this past weekend. It took place at a botanical garden on the bay. It was lovely. And the best part was that my little velocity girl was able to run her tiny heart out around the seemingly endless grounds.

It's difficult to capture her at full speed...

until she runs right up to the camera for a quick suck of the thumb

then I made the mistake of asking her to sit down (in the grass) and she took off towards the chairs. Toddlers can be so literal!

Nothing escaped her curiosity - when she wasn't on the dance floor.

Sometimes I feel old. My brother getting married and just starting out - oh the possibilities! Even though he is older than me, I've been married for almost 16 years. Our honeymoon was so long ago. Way back when we were young.
But then I look at Rio running around, throwing herself on the floor, and managing to keep up with the crew doing the electric slide, and I think:
Be young, be foolish, and be happy!

So I give my speech and dedicate Boom, Boom, Boom to the newlyweds.

1 comment:

  1. I think toddlers are my favorite age. They are just so full of life and I love it! She is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete