Thursday, February 18, 2010

Let's Pretend That It's Summer

At this point the weather should be shifting. By March we're usually working on our tans (well, Rio doesn't have to - she is the most delicious shade of caramel.) We're definitely taking showers outside. And we're absolutely hitting the beach.

My first year living in Massachusetts, I kept asking everyone, "when the heck is it going to get warm???" They would just laugh.
Try July, Honey.

That is why I moved back to Florida. But Florida's heat has forsaken me. Left me out in the cold. Left me wondering......

What am I going to do about this bridal shower that will be held at the beach?! The tent has been rented - the locale secured.

Florida, I'm giving you one week to turn this all around. Get back to business; do what you do best - be your warm, sunny self again.
Please and thank you.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Alicia,

    I just wanted to thank you for the visit to my blog and the thoughtful comment. I was nervous about putting those thoughts down.

    Your daughter is absolutely beautiful and is a miracle.. congratulations! Btw.. living up in Massachusetts.. it's effing cold!! did you read my post about getting stuck in the snow trying to pick up my son from daycare the other day? Florida sounds devine.. but i agree.. it needs to warm up a bit!

    -Jen
    http://theduckflies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen,
    thanks for the comments!
    i spent almost the entire 3 years we lived in Mass. sitting on the heating vent! but we really do miss it - we loved it there.

    where do you live? we lived in Marblehead.

    ReplyDelete