Friday, February 5, 2010

I Was Zapped By The Lucky Super Rainbow

I mentioned before that I have been on a house hunt. Big time. The house prices are so low right now that we couldn't pass up the opportunity to find a bigger home. (side note: if you ever wanted to move to Florida, now is the time! I'm talking about houses from $59,000!)

We love the mid-century modern design, particularly the Sarasota School of Architecture designs from the 50's/60's. Of course, those homes are way out of our price range so I just go to open houses when they come up and dream. I find myself staring longingly at the house until the Realtor feels uncomfortable (just kidding.)

So on my quest - which is really me driving around endlessly whenever Rio falls asleep in the car - I would scope out abandoned houses. I would return later with an accomplice to investigate further. Once or twice we found ourselves peeking in a window at an occupant of the house, but only once or twice. heh heh

Then I was zapped with incredible luck. I found a house that looks like a wreck from the outside, but inside I could see a definite design. I tracked down the owner (who has moved out of the country) and found her to be the most gracious person I've met in a while. She agreed to aid us in our quest to make this house our home. And then she threw a little cherry on top - she told me that this is in fact a Seibert home (Sarasota School of Architecture) and has the original plans and drawings. WHA???!!!?? GAK!!!!!

Now we'll see if my luck continues...will the bank accept our offer?

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment