Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The Curse Of Comfort







I've written before about how Rio has always moved herself through certain stages with incredible ease. She ditched her Paci pretty early, slept through the night without issue, enjoyed eating and trying new things, and even started potty training like it was old hat! I am quite aware of how easy I've had it. She's a peach!

However, we have one hang up.
An old friend that she refuses to let go of.
And that's unusual.
Whenever she gets a hold of something or is engaged in something she doesn't want to give up, all I've ever had to say was, "say bye-bye to {insert object or activity here}" and she would wave or say goodbye and willingly go. Too simple, I know!

But her bottle? Oh heck to the no. She ain't lettin' it go.
I've tried several techniques, but she needs plenty of fluids to keep her temperature down and to combat constipation. If it weren't for those two important reasons, I would have pushed it sooner.

I'm at a loss. How do I take away my baby's last remaining comfort?
Maybe I'll just let her go to college with a bottle instead of a teddy bear. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment