Monday, June 7, 2010

Born At The Right Time

I'm thirty-five.
I'm not really sure how I feel about this.
Someone once told me that your thirties are the best years and I agree.
You are finally finished with school, have some money in the bank, perhaps kids, probably a home...life is good.
But then part of me feels like I just stepped onto a slippery slope to 40. ugh.
Not that there's anything wrong with 40; after all, it's the new 30!
But I thought I'd have a bunch of kids by now.
I never thought it'd take such a large portion of my adult life
to have one.
In every other area of my life I'm settled. I'm happy.
I can check items off my list.
But that one section entitled "Gaggle of Kids" continues to haunt me.
Unless I win the lottery tomorrow.
We'll be able to pull off another adoption but after that?
Sometimes it's upsetting.
So I think that's my biggest hang-up with turning 35.
However,
I was definitely born at the right time.
I was destined to mother at least one beautiful child.

2 comments:

  1. I love this post...because I'm almost 30, and have one baby...and here I thought I'd have a whole gaggle of 'em by now. Now I think having two (ever) would be awesome. /sigh

    I found ya via your comment on my sister's blog (Mariah).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angela, thank you for the comment! and if it happened once, there's no reason to think it won't happen again!

    ReplyDelete