Thursday, January 28, 2010

Keep Looking Up

This time of year is the worst. The trees are bare and ominous, the ground is dull and lifeless, and the sun is a fickle companion. People need motivation to find joy in all of this funk.

I usually give myself a project that requires a fair amount of time and effort to carry me through. By the time I finish my project, whaddya know?! It's spring! Currently, this is a house hunt. I'll take on any project though, and I often find myself working on other people's projects. I actually like to research and work to find whatever it is that needs finding. (I would have loved being a detective except for the dead or maimed bodies and irrational fear of death at the hands of another.)

I'm also working on potty training my little ray of sunshine. It's been much more fun than I thought it would be. She makes me laugh every time she peers over that little belly to see if she's doing it right. And she finds sitting on the potty and all the noises I make (trying to describe what we should be hearing) pretty hilarious.

Finally, I'm working on planning my future sister-in-love's bridal shower. I get to indulge that other side of the coin where I would have enjoyed being an event planner. How fun!

I'll keep looking up; keep looking ahead and enjoying what I find along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment